Are you looking for workflow management software? Try Nanonets. Create workflows in <15 minutes. Try for free now. No Credit Card is Required.
Why do the manual tasks yourself when workflows can handle them? Workflows have taken the business world by storm because workflows can automate just everything. Any task that can be written in a step-by-step format in a flowchart, can be automated using workflows.
Businesses are loving the idea of freeing their employees of manual tasks and using their intelligence to fuel the company’s growth. Do you?
Let’s take a look at some of the top 15 workflow management tools that allow you to automate the manual aspect of your business in real time.
15 Best WorkFlow Management Tools in 2022
What is a Workflow?
Workflow is a series of sequential steps required to complete a task. Every business process can be broken down into simple steps with proper logic and conditions along the way. Workflow represents all these steps and logic in one flowchart.
Eg. Invoice workflow on Nanonets
What is Workflow Management Software?
Every business process flow can be divided into small steps.
Workflow Management Software provides an infrastructure to automate business process flows by creating and monitoring sequential steps as a part of a workflow. Workflow Management Software improves the efficiencies of business processes, enhances employee productivity and reduces costs to serve the customers.
Before we begin elaborating features and pricing plans, it is significant that we understand the objective of having workflow management software. This software is a progressive platform that delivers flexible tools to enhance the way you work. It provides you with the ability to build and optimize workflow in an excellent way, identify potential areas of improvement, find redundant assignments, automate work procedures, and achieve new levels of efficiency.
When choosing workflow management software, look for a product that allows you to:
- Create Workflows with Drag and Drop Interface
- Create Custom Workflows based on your requirements
- Enhances Task Automation with Simple Tools
- Automates manual processes efficiently
- Integrates with your tech stack without issues
- Allows you to modify workflows anytime
- Has a User-Friendly Interface
- Enables you to create follow-up processes
- Create loops
- Create Rule based triggers without writing code
These are some of the basic features to look for in workflow management software. Let’s take a look at some of the top workflow management software out there in the market in 2022.
Top 15 Workflow Management Software for Businesses in 2022
The market is full of workflow management solutions. But in order to ensure that you select the best software for your organization, we’ve curated a list of the top 20 workflow management platforms in 2022 with pros and cons for every software.
Nanonets is an intelligent automation platform that can be used to create workflows and automate manual processes. Nanonets has multiple in-built capabilities like OCR software to automate data extraction from documents, drag and drop rule-based workflow builder, and intuitive integrations for enterprises looking to automate manual processes.
Nanonets can simplify business processes with intelligent rule-based workflows and connects with over 5000+ software with easy integration. Some of the popular use cases for Nanonets are: automating document processes, document verification, incident management, document capture, approvals, document storage, and more.
Nanonets has numerous templates to choose from, but you can also build your own workflow in <15 minutes.
Free Trial: Yes – Start your free trial now.
Pro Plans start from $499 – Check our Pricing Plans
Pros of Nanonets
- Create Custom Workflows in 15 minutes
- Connect with 5000+ data sources
- Use Pre-Trained Templates
- Capture Data from Documents with >95% Accuracy
- Modern UI with intuitive user interface
- No-code Platform
- Create complex Logic Functions
- Automate Manual Processes
- Role-based access control
- Audit Trail logs
- Transparent pricing
- 24×7 support
Over 1000+ enterprises trust Nanonets to automate more than 30M+ processes yearly. Try Nanonets now for free. No Credit card is required.
Hive provides workflow management devices for teams that require collaboration on standard work procedures while obtaining these projects as efficiently as feasible. Hive is a good fit for project management and has multiple project view options like portfolio, Gantt, calendar, and more, to organize macro-level project progress.
In the case of automation, Hive can create and assign tasks to relevant users. You can’t automate manual processes like data extraction with Hive.
Pros of Hive
- Easy-to-use, interactive modern format.
- Simple to organize data and view tables from across the organization.
- Fast speed for most questions.
- Good for project Management
- Integrates with 1000+ apps like Google Drive, One Drive, CRM, etc.
Cons of Hive
- Some queries, especially complex joins, are still quite sluggish and can take hours.
- Previous queries and jobs are not stored sometimes.
- Shifting to Impala can occasionally be time-consuming (i.e. the system slows down or hangs).
- Automation does not actually complete a task like a document data extraction, etc.
- Sometimes, tables and directories don’t load appropriately, which results in confusion.
Kissflow is a process management tool created to boost productivity, define responsibility amongst team members, benefit teams, visualize workflows, and keep everyone on the same page inside an institution.
Kissflow has role-based access tools, customizable forms, actionable analytics, and reports to deliver crucial insights about workflows.
Pros of Kissflow
- Able to Create workflows easily – Easy to Use interface
- Easy to track all activities
- Good for project management and task allocation workflows
- Lots of templates to choose from
Cons of Kissflow
- Steep Learning Curve
- Pricing can inflate with more users
- Problem exporting reports to personal email
- Sluggish response to technical issues
- No in-built OCR API to extract data from documents
- Use Cases limited to form building, automating allocation, and reminders
Looking to automate manual processes? Use Nanonets. Trusted by more than 10k+ users. Get Started with a forever free plan. No Credit Card is required.
Shift is an offline app that aggregates the apps, email accounts, and extensions, streamlining your workflow with a browser. Incorporate all of your favourite apps and build customizable workspaces. Shift lets you:
- Customize the workspace by connecting all email accounts with the favourite web app.
- Examine across any of your Calendar, Mail, or Drive accounts.
- Mix and match all the favourite tools to discover the excellent workflow
Pros of Shift
- It indicates to the user exactly what time a meeting begins and ends.
- It indicates to the user exactly what time a break begins and ends.
- Searchable by the group.
Cons of Shift
- The user interface is not intuitive
- You need a Graphic Designer to modify the user interface for your requirements
- Bugs like can’t see the title of the meeting unless you’re in it.
- Unstable, crashes, resource heavy, and doesn’t fully free memory when closed.
- Not very user-friendly software. One needs to understand how to use it through instruction.
Microsoft Power Automate
Microsoft Power Automate enables users to create workflows between desired applications to get notifications, synchronize files, and collect data. This software uses actions and triggers to create chain responses within a workflow so that manual, repetitive, and time-consuming tasks are achieved without human intervention. Microsoft Power Automate increases user productivity, enabling them to securely and quickly automate assignments and put intelligent workflows to use with minimal action.
Pros of Microsoft Power Automate
- Quite a play-and-plug approach is high-speed to build and automate workflows.
- Configurable workflow
- Notifications, alerts, and real-time monitoring
Cons of Microsoft Power Automate
- Only two hundred and fifty actions per workflow are limiting for complicated workflows.
- Forms customization is not feasible – necessary to incorporate it with Power Apps.
- Hard to implement highly complex business scenarios.
- It can sometimes be restricted when enforcing integrations or data access to other non-Microsoft systems. This requires attention as it’s a significant problem sometimes.
- Workflows with complicated logic are hard to implement and may compel a look at extra and more advanced workflow systems which challenges the investment in Power Automate.
- Need Admin access to create business process flows.
Looking for a simple workflow automation solution? Try Nanonets. No-code. No-hassle. Create workflows that work.
Automate.io is a solution for incorporating cloud services and applications to build simple one-to-one complex workflows or integrations for marketing, automating sales, and business processes.Automate.io enables users to incorporate applications without coding; this can be done through a drag-and-drop interface.
Price: $19/user/ month
Pros of Automate.io
- Easy to use
- Multiple integrations.
Cons of Automate.io
- Continuous modification of interface.
- An initial learning curve is required.
- No training webinars or in-person training
- Speed. Screens occasionally take more time to load, and data lists occasionally load slowly or not at all, expecting a refresh.
- More IF/And processes are required within one bot
- Bots completely stop working when the threshold is reached without a warning.
Zoho Flow is a part of Zoho CRM that allows organizations to create workflows to automate business processes. Zoho Flow connects apps and syncs data across multiple platforms.
Pros of Zoho Flow
- Simple follow-up of email conversations
- Compose daily tasks with the work team
- Call log and Call Scheduling
- A detailed overview of everything related to clients and prospects
Cons of Zoho Flow
- For a small corporation, it is helpful but the investment is high.
- Although web forms are simple to enforce, it is not so simple to adapt them to web design.
- Too many characteristics, tough to get started
- Overwhelming for a sole-owner startup
- It may require an implementer, which is expensive, to help
- Does not have an in-built OCR software for data extraction
Automate more than just emails. Automate documents, approvals processes, accounts payable, finance processes and more.
Hubspot is a marketing automation tool that can help organizations automate various aspects of marketing, sales, and customer experience with email automation and more. HubSpot Marketing Hub has everything required to run successful marketing campaigns to keep people enthusiastic about a business and pleased to be its customers. Hubspot can’t be used for document automation.
Pros of Hubspot
- Allows creating forms and email automation to engage prospects
- As part of campaign administration, it builds contract forms and landing pages and monitors and tracks customers.
Cons of Hubspot
- Information from email workflows is often difficult and scattered to find.
- Support can be improved
- Does not automate manual tasks like invoice approval processes.
- Does not have rule-based complex logic branching
- Difficult to load iFrames
- Doesn’t have an in-built OCR API for automated document processing
Projectsly by 500apps is a developing workflow management software that arrives with developed task management and influential automation features. The tool is highly beneficial for remote teams, letting project managers assign the take, and enabling work collaboration without missing out on crucial steps.
Pros of Projectsly
- It delivers a lot of features in project management
- It enables to efficiently organize the project and boosts productivity
Cons of Projectsly
- Design and use illustrate some challenges.
- Limited to Gmail automation
- The verification email into the spam folder.
- It doesn’t have any feature for storing files online, which can make it difficult if you are cooperating with people with bad internet connections.
Looking to automate manual processes? Give Nanonets a try! No-code. No-hassle.
ClickUp streamlines project and workflow planning while organizing resourcing across your squad. The simple, appealing tool is utilized by teams all around the world to maintain their work on track.
Pros of ClickUp
- Various spaces so you can use it for numerous departments.
- Kanban boards.
- Excellent task or subtask management.
- The high degree of customization.
Cons of ClickUp
- The interface takes time to get used to.
- Requires more contrast to having cards operate for more.
- It takes a limited amount of work to optimize it for various processes (like scrum) but the documentation and templates are a big help.
Scoro is an all-around workflow management software created to assist teams get all their job done from one spot. This tool is excellent for workflow management because it delivers one single dashboard where you can trace real-time growth, and cooperate on the associated assignments.
Pros of Scoro
- Great user and interface experience
- Fast, compact, and informative platform
- Fantastic reminders and invoicing system
Cons of Scoro
- It takes time to arrange the sync with Outlook
- Would be better if it had a sales tunnel option included
- Planning, management, time tracking, and even budget management allow you to see the big picture instead of using one platform to assess time, and then another to evaluate the budget.
- Does not automate manual document processes like invoice processing or approval processes.
Looking for a simple workflow automation solution? Try Nanonets. No-code. No-hassle. Create workflows that work.
With Monday.com, teams can completely visualize their procedure and overall flow at a macro and micro level. You can also view your projects, tasks, and overall workflow at numerous levels and views, including a map, list, and Kanban board.
Pros of Monday.com
- Organize the assignments in an easy-to-read calendar
- Share tasks and trace each user’s growth
- Intelligently incorporate more than one spreadsheet and automate tasks.
- Compose all project data (files, tasks, milestones) in an adequate and clean view.
Cons of Monday.com
- Some integrations with outer systems, such as store inventory control, can be more simple
- Integrations with customizable and two-way Google Ads or Facebook Ads for direct management
- Automations of establishing new tasks when some job or action is completed are sometimes confusing
ProofHub is a tremendous workflow management software, created to help teams work together and attain deadlines on time. It has features like Discussions by which you can say goodbye to lengthy emails and chat as a group on a particular topic. You can also use various views like calendar, table, Kanban, and Gantt view to track projects and workflow.
Pros of Proofhub
- It is extremely easy to get up and running with tasks and projects.
- Generous trial period.
Cons of Proofhub
- Bulky user interface.
- Forms were not simple to set up.
- Proofing functionality was minimal.
- Too many notifications
- Proofhub can enhance a bit in regions of helping people customize their accounts even more. That makes management work even easier
- It does not deliver any particular resource management features.
- Costlier as compared to other solutions
Automate manual processes, extract data from documents and streamline your business processes. Try Nanonets. No-code. No-hassle. No Credit Card is required.
Price: $18 per user per month
Next Matter is an all-around operations platform where teams can visualize, capture, execute, and automate their procedures end-to-end. Administrators finally get the visibility and performance of the system they require, and teams get rid of the coordination work for good. Here are some features that make Next Matter an excellent choice for operations workflow management:
- Rules-based automation, including decisions, task assignments, conditionals, notifications, process scheduling, and more.
- Dashboard overview for escalations and status – no more status meetings and follow-ups required!
- Streamlined collaboration for users like partners, suppliers, and customers.
Pros of Next Matter
- Rules-based automation for everything
- Dashboard overview for escalations and status
- Streamlined collaboration for users
- No-code or low-code, drag-and-drop procedure builder that is extremely simple to use.
Cons of Next Matter
- No single-user plan
- Minimum of ten seats
- Not modified for small institutions
Process Street alters your team’s systematic procedures into no-code, interactive workflows that are stored in the central location. As the contemporary process management platform for teams, this software allows you to build standalone documentation that works and lives side-by-side with your workflows.
Pros of Process Street
- The influential task workflow builder
- Built-in process modification capabilities
- Great workflow growth reports
- Incredible support team and implementation help
Cons of Process Street
- Can not batch export data
- No built-in time tracking feature
- No custom branding
- No public API
Recap of the best workflow software in 2022
We understand going through 15 workflow software might be too much. So we’ve listed down the comparison for the top 10 entries in the blog post. We’ve made the choice easier for you, we’ve compared the workflow management solutions using the following parameters:
- User interface – Is the user interface intuitive enough?
- Is the product affordable for a small company?
- Do you need any coding knowledge to create workflows on the software?
- Intelligent Automation – We checked if the platform allowed for data extraction from documents, logic branding, and RPA.
- Does the company have on-chat support for the users?
The Best Workflow Management Software in 2022
According to the snapshot, Nanonets is best suited as a workflow management platform for organizations looking for an easy-to-use, document automation, and affordable platform. Followed by Kissflow and Hive which are also great workflow management alternatives. The major differentiating features of Nanonets vs the other two are:
- Data Extraction – Nanonets has an in-built OCR solution that allows users to automatically extract data from documents with workflows
- Robotic Process Automation – Nanonets can be used to implement RPA across various use cases.
Looking for a simple workflow automation solution? Try Nanonets. No-code. No-hassle.
Essential Elements of Workflow Management Software
Now that you have understood the basics of workflow management software, let us talk about the workflow management software you require to get it done. Workflow management software cites a system that supports the completion of workflows and oversees repeatable procedures from a macro-level perspective.
While looking for workflow management software, it is crucial to map your requirements with the software features. We’re listing some of the essential components of workflow management software you should look for while selecting the software for yourself :
- Easy Workflow Builder – You and your team are going to use workflow software, to build workflows. The workflow builder interface should be intuitive enough for your team to use the software to its full potential.
- Role-Based Access – Workflow management software has access to sensitive company data. It is important to take a look at the security measures like role-based access to limit access to the software.
- Easy Integrations – To automate manual tasks, you need to take files from one data source and update records in others. For completing such tasks, your workflow software needs to integrate with your existing business software easily.
- Drill Down Analytics – How do you know if a workflow is working properly or not? With efficient analytics, you can monitor the workflows, optimize them and keep a track of the progress of tasks. Take a look at the analytics provided by the workflow management software because you’ll need analytics to monitor your workflows in the future.
- Editable Workflows – Once created and live, the workflows should be editable to allow for optimization and better results. See if the workflow management solution allows for editing after your workflows are live.
There are many great options to automate your manual tasks with workflow automation. In order to find the best solution, take a look at all the options listed in this article, try their free trial make a decision.
While selecting the best Workflow Software one has to keep in mind that the software should enable automation to organize and track the business procedure.
25 August 2022: The blog has been updated on 25th August 2022 with relevant fresh content.