Russia on Tuesday imposed private sanctions on US President Joe Biden, together with the nation’s diplomatic, navy, and intelligence chiefs, for a complete of 13 officers.
In a press release, the Overseas Ministry introduced the measures, imposed in response to sanctions towards a number of Russian officers.
“This step, taken as a counter-reaction, was an inevitable consequence of the extraordinarily Russophobic course taken by the present US Administration, which, in a determined try and protect American hegemony, made a wager, discarding all decency, on the frontal containment of Russia,” the ministry mentioned.
It mentioned these officers would not be allowed entry into Russia amongst different penalties.
“On the similar time, we don’t refuse to keep up official ties in the event that they meet our nationwide pursuits, and if vital, we’ll clear up issues arising from the standing of individuals who seem on the ‘black checklist’ with a view to manage high-level contacts,” it mentioned.
The ministry revealed the next checklist of affected people:
1. Joseph Robinette Biden, US president
2. Anthony John Blinken, US secretary of state
3. Lloyd James Austin III, US secretary of protection
4. Mark Alexander Milley, chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Workers
5. Jacob Jeremiah Sullivan, nationwide safety advisor to U.S. president
6. William Joseph Burns, CIA director
7. Jennifer Rene Psaki, White Home spokeswoman
8. Daleep Singh, deputy nationwide safety advisor to the US president
9. Samantha Jane Energy, administrator of the US Company for Worldwide Improvement (USAID)
10. Robert Hunter Biden, son of the US president
11. Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton, former presidential nominee
12. Adewale Adeyemo, deputy secretary of the US Treasury
13. Reta Jo Lewis, chair of the US Export-Import Financial institution
The assertion additionally mentioned that the checklist could be expanded within the close to future with extra senior US officers, navy, lawmakers, enterprise folks, consultants, and media personalities, “who’re Russophobic or who contribute to inciting hatred towards Russia and the imposing of restrictive measures on it.”
It underlined that the measures have been being taken to guard the Russian economic system and guarantee its sustainable growth.