Tax season is here. If anyone in your household had a Marketplace plan in 2022, you’ll need Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace® Statement, to file your federal taxes.
Where’s my Form 1095-A?
- You should get Form 1095-A in the mail by early February.
- Keep it with your important tax information, like W-2 forms and other records.
- Form 1095-A comes from the Marketplace, not the IRS.
- It may be available online in your HealthCare.gov account even sooner. Learn how to find it.
How to use Form 1095-A
- Before you do anything, make sure Form 1095-A is correct. It includes information about any Marketplace plans that members of your household had last year.
- If anything about your coverage or household is wrong, contact the Marketplace Call Center. Don’t file your federal taxes until you’re sent a corrected version.
- Once you’ve verified its accuracy, use the information from your Form 1095-A to “reconcile” any premium tax credit for all household members.