Looking for July social media ideas? We’ve got them in bucketloads in this post. It’s filled with Social Media Holidays for the month of July in 2022 – including Canva Templates!
BY DONNA MORITZ – UPDATED JUNE, 2022
Posts on this blog may contain affiliate links, which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you if you purchase through a link.
This is a big post full of popular, national and international holidays for the entire month of July. We’ve also added some weird and wacky (and lesser known) days of celebration for July. There’s over 60+ different ideas in this post to keep you inspired.
So now you have calendar ideas for every day of the month of July, but also ideas for weekly and monthly holidays too. There are tools and ideas for you to come back to for ideas to at any time later on.
What Comes With our July Social Media Ideas
- Canva templates for you to create amazing images or even videos quickly to match your posts!
- an overview of all the July social media ideas for your content calendar. This ideas for what to create and templates to help you create them… then share your images, videos or GIFs.
- a super-handy reference guide (plus an Infographic) to help you easily grab social media ideas and holidays for the month of July in 2022.
Check out the other monthly social media ideas posts in this series (updated early 2022).
Tips for Prepping Your July Content Quickly
Creating content can be time-consuming, but scheduling content ahead helps you streamline the process. Do a few of these things and it will make it soooo much easier for you.
The idea is to get a whole month’s worth of content ready – created, scheduled, and prepped to post, in a snap. Here’s my tips for doing that, especially related to creating video:
- Use templates to make it easier: Many DIY Design tools include templates to get you started. Use them! Yes you can design from scratch yourself, but as a non-designer this could take hours. It’s easier to use a design template that an actual designer has created and then edit it to customize it. Edit the text, the stock imagery/photo/background video, colors or fonts. Keep it simple. Don’t change too many elements or you’ll ruin the design.
- Use batching. If you sit down to create one video or image or GIF, why not more? Your time can be used more efficiently when you create content in batches rather than one by one. Once you open up the tools, make the most of it.
- Create social video for your social networks– start with short, social video – 15-30 seconds is long enough for most social media platforms. Progress to longer videos or YouTube length long-format video when you’re ready.
- Create content that audiences love consuming. Think about what we love to share and engage with – questions, quotes, how-to videos, handy tips or just some fun, observational humour
Canva Templates + 45 Days Free Trial on Canva Pro
Get started by using the Canva templates in this post (including templates that are Free for all Canva users, and those that are free for Canva Pro users). Canva Pro gives you access to thousands of videos, elements, photos and templates from a whole range of designers on the Canva Marketplace. Try it free for 45 days on this link:
Here’s a quick reference guide to July Social Media Holidays for 2022:
Tips for using this post filled with July Social Media Ideas
- Create social videos around the holiday in question – do a Top 5 list, a how-to video, behind the scenes content (related to one of the holidays), tutorials, or quote videos. Get creative with it! Is it Donut Day? Do a video about Fun Donut Facts! Use one of the video tools below.
- Create GIFs that reflect the holiday in question. Or share a GIF direct from the library in Giphy
- Create images based around the holiday in question – it could be a quote, or a meme, a saying, tip, or photo that reflects the celebration day or image with text overlay.
This post will includes tips for images, videos, GIFs and animations – including Canva template ideas and hashtags for posting. You’re only limited by your imagination! Let’s dive in!
Here are the days of July, packed with ideas. The templates in this post are free for Canva Pro users). Canva Pro gives you access to thousands of videos, elements, photos and templates from a whole range of designers on the Canva Marketplace. If you don’t have Canva Pro, try it free for 45 days with this link:
1. Canada Day – O Canada, Our Home and Native Land…. Today is Canada Day so it’s all things Maple Leaves, Maple Syrup, Moose and Mounties! Use #CanadaDay #CanadaDay2020
Today is also Comic Sans Day #ComicSansDay (celebrated on the first Friday in July.. as much as you can celebrate Comic Sans!).
It’s also International Joke Day. So break out one of your favorite jokes… maybe some observational humor or ask your audience what their favorite joke is.
2. World UFO Day – Whether it’s a conspiracy about Area 52 or a UFO Meme or maybe a question about favourite extra-terrestrial movies or a quote from the X-Files … today is a good day to post about it. It’s #WorldUFODay
3. International Plastic Bag Free Day – Today is all about creating a Plastic Bag Free World. See the official website here. Use the hashtag #PlasticBagFreeDay and maybe share an infographic or image about how to reduce waste!
4. Independence Day – Today marks the 4th of July – a huge weekend celebrating America’s Independence Day in the US. Use #FourthofJuly.
It also happens to be Alice in Wonderland Day. Here’s an interesting article about why the 4th + Alice are a good fit.
It’s also National Barbecued Spare Ribs Day. Sounds like a good day for country music and ribs on the 4th of July!
5. Bikini Day – Today is Bikini Day. Here are some fun facts about the two-piece bathing suit!
6. International Kissing Day – It’s time to pucker up for Kissing Day – break out your best kiss Memes or the best kisses of the movies. Use #KissingDay.
7. World Chocolate Day – This is what we have been training for. #WorldChocolateDay. If you can’t find something to post about Chocolate on World Chocolate Day then … we can’t be friends.
8. Chocolate with Almonds Day – Because we are still recovering from Chocolate Day yesterday. Also it’s Coca Cola Be a Kid Again Day – obviously a marketing campaign but sounds kind of fun.
It’s also National Video Game Day. It’s also Blueberry Day. Smoothies or muffins anyone?
9. Call of the Horizon Day – Today is all about the feeling you get when you look into the distance at the horizon and into the unknown. It’s about big dreams and adventure and is a great day to go after your dreams and make a plan to make them happen.
It’s also Fashion Day in the US. Couture anyone? Share a fashion inspired post. Regardless of your industry, if you have an online store, asking your audience to DM you on Instagram for a special code can be a great way to start a conversation:
10. Pina Colada Day – Hurrah for the humble Pina Colada… and all of it’s coconut-y, pineapple-y goodness. It’s also National Kitten Day (because Kittens).
And it’s Don’t Step On a Bee Day. If you care about the world then you should care about Bees. Today is a day for raising awareness about bees and their role in the food chain and the environment. Find out more here. Use #DontStepOnABeeDay or #BeeGoodtobees.
11. World Population Day – World Population Day is about focusing attention on the urgency and importance of population issues in the world. It was established by the UN in 1989. Find out more here.
And just for fun, it’s also Cheer Up The Lonely Day #CheerUpTheLonelyDay. And best of all, it’s Mojito Day. #MojitoDay. Cheers!
12. Malala Day – Insert #MalalaDay – Find out more about Malala’s Story here and how she inspired the UN Special envoy for global education, and change for girls. Her story is amazing.
It’s also Simplicity Day. Let’s celebrate the simplicity of design and why a little space (and leading lines) can be effective. Don’t always add all the things!
It’s also Cow Appreciation Day.
13. National French Fry Day – Who doesn’t love French Fries? Use #NationalFrenchFryDay in your social posts.
It’s also Embrace Your Geekness Day. Shout out about your inner geek with pride.
14. Bastille Day – National Day of France or Fête nationale. It’s a day of celebration and fireworks. Find out more about the history behind Bastille Day here.
Share a greeting on your socials for Fête Nationale.
Today is also Shark Awareness Day #SharkAwarenessDay.
15. Give Something Away Day – Today is about giving something away that is weighing you down or you don’t need anymore. Use #GiveSomethingAwayDay.
It’s also Get to Know Your Customers Day. Held four times per year (observed 4 x annually on the 3rd Thursday of January, April, July and October).
16. Personal Chef’s Day – If you’re lucky enough to have a personal chef, then today is the day to make them feel special.
Completely unrelated, it’s also World Snake Day. Find out more about our slithery friends, here . I’m more than happy not to see them out in the wild. Living in Australia makes that decision for me!
17. World Emoji Day – #WorldEmojiDay is perfect for your social media posts on just about every platform. Engage with your audience about emojis. They are sure to have emojis that they love and hate all at once.
Fun Fact… do you know why they chose the 17th of July as the date to celebrate World Emoji Day? If you don’t know, then watch this video. And then maybe share it with your audience as it’s a good one! Or perhaps share a post about emojis:
It’s also National Icecream Day (3rd Sunday in July)
18. Nelson Mandela International Day – In memory of the great achievements of Nelson Mandela, today is #MandelaDay. It’s also Get to Know Your Customers Day #GetToKnowYourCustomersDay.
It’s also Hug Your Kids Day (3rd Monday in July).
19. National Daiquiri Day – Is it time for a cocktail yet? Today is Daiquiri Day.
20. National Lollipop Day – Fun and sweet, it’s #NationalLollipopDay today. It’s also Moon Day (in honor of the day the first day man walked on the moon).
And if you need a little life prediction with a twist of fun… it’s National Fortune Cookie Day.
It’s also Hot Dog Day! Held annually on the 3rd Wednesday in July.
21. National Lamington Day – have you heard of a Lamington? Well, you’re in for a treat. It’s an Aussie dessert created by the chef to Queensland’s eighth governor, Lord Lamington to feed unexpected visitors. It’s been honoured with it’s own day since 2006. Oh, and it’s a yummy sponge cake dipped in chocolate sauce and then dipped in coconut.
22. National Hammock Day – Today is a day to put up your feet and swing from a hammock. #HammockDay.
23. Gorgeous Grandma Day – Today is all about celebrating our Gorgeous Grandmas. If you’re looking for more July Social Media Holidays try Hot Enough For Ya Day. This is where we make light-hearted fun of the balmy and muggy heat many of us experience in tropical climates! Hot and Humid summer nights… hot enough for ya?
then today is also Vanilla IceCream Day.
24. National Tequila Day – it’s always a good day for Tequila and today is a definitely a great day to break out a margarita on #NationalTequilaDay. It’s also Amelia Earhart Day to remember the American Aviation pioneer and author, as well as Tell an Old Joke Day.
Break out your Tequila and Margarita GIFs too!
25. National Wine and Cheese Day – Break out the Shiraz and blue cheese… today is made for Wine and Cheese.
26. Aunts and Uncles Day. Today is a day to celebrate our cool Aunts and Uncles!
27. Today it’s Creme Brulee Day. The perfect dessert with the perfect “cracking” opening act! Enjoy.
28. Today is National Milk Chocolate Day. Isn’t every day chocolate day? Share some fun facts about Chocolate:
It’s also Chilli Dog Day. Held annually on the last Thursday in July.
29. Global Tiger Day – is an international day founded by the WWF (World Wildlife Fund) to raise awareness for the protection and preservation of our tigers. Find out more here. It’s also Chicken Wing Day.
30. International Day of Friendship Day – Today is a day for celebrating friendships. Find out more here on the official UN site, and use #InternationalDayOfFriendship to post on Social. Share messages of friendship, kindness and gratitude.
It’s also Talk in an Elevator Day – held on the last Friday in July. It’s also Cheesecake Day … cheese + cake. What’s not to love?
31. National Avocado Day – From guacamole to avocado toast, today is all about the humble green avocado.
It’s also Mutt Day so celebrate your favourite pooch today or share a post about dogs on social media.
It’s also Talk in an Elevator Day (held on the last Friday in July). If the sound of awkward silence in an elevator is worse than the awkwardness of speaking for you, then today is a day to maybe break the rule. Say hi to someone. Or post it as a challenge on social media.
Use this list of July month-long holidays to fuel your social media ideas, along with the week-long and day holidays:
- Independent Retailer Month
- Cell Phone Courtesy Month
- Lasagne Awareness Month
- Lost Pet Prevention Month
- National Blueberry Month
- National Icecream Month
- National Peach Month
- National Parks and Recreation Month
- National Grilling Month
- National Picnic Month
- Clean Beaches week (starting July 1st)
Here’s a couple of quick and easy tips for creating images in Canva for 2022 content:
1. Use templates… all the templates!
The templates I shared in this post are just the tip of the iceberg. Looking for more templates? Follow my Canva Creator Profile on Canva to see 100s of additional templates (including new templates as I release them). I have a growing series of templates available for both Free Users of Canva and Pro Users:
2. Create Videos
Canva now has an amazing video feature that allows you to easily add animations to your designs (text, object and whole-page animations) as well as adding videos and transitions. It’s fast becoming an excellent alternative to other video tools so be sure to play with it!
3. Get More Calendar Ideas!
Check out my complete 2022 calendar post for more 2022 Social Media Calendar ideas!
Over to You
What are your Favourite July Social Media holidays? Let me know in the comments below.
Donna is a Visual Content Strategist and founder of Socially Sorted, listed by Forbes as a “Top 5 Social Media Blog You Need to Know About”. Donna helps brands leverage the power of visual storytelling and content strategy in their business. Her content has been featured in publications such as Forbes, Inc. & Entrepreneur and she is a speaker and trainer on visual content for the marketing and tourism industries internationally.